1. Able to read electrical schematics and mechanical plans.
2. Ability to read and interpret REF/AC documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to run copper piping and PVC piping for REF / AC, understands sizing of refrigerant piping.
4. Knowledge of Basic heat load and loss calculations and cooling load calculations. - Understands the refrigeration cycles to include: a. Identifying components in refrigeration circuits and how it works;
b. Diagnosing and correcting problems in the system;
c. Ability to use Ref/AC tools such as manifold gauge set, pressure & temperature measuring devices, multi-meters for electrical monitoring and others;
5. Understands refrigeration and air-conditioning recovery, evacuation and charging, and system reprocess.
The HVAC-R technician is responsible for performing installations, repairs and maintenance, and troubleshooting of air conditioning and refrigeration system.
1. Analyze, plan, and perform PMS of HVAC-R system on assigned project.
2. Troubleshoot, repair and make modifications if necessary to assigned HVAC-R system works.
3. Maintain maintenance records, service reports, and testing & acceptance as a standard requirement.
4. Other duties as assigned.